So before we get into this, I do own a mini doughnut tray. I've had a look for similar ones and found this and then also found one like these - amazing I want one! But obviously you can just use the recipe to make little doughnut holes instead by placing a small amount of batter in a cupcake tray for example!
This recipe is for 12 mini sugar coated doughnuts, as you can see I've swirled some nutella into some of the doughnuts, you could also use peanut butter, jam, what ever you fancied. Even after they've cooled half dip them in some melted chocolate and cover with sprinkles! Really what ever you fancy doing with these you can, be creative!
- 75g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking power
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 55g caster sugar
- 60ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 10g melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Extra caster sugar for dusting, or a few tsp of nutella for swirling, or some melted chocolate for dipping!
The methods pretty easy, all you do is:
1. Pre heat the oven to 325F/160C/Gas Mark 3
2. Take a large bowl, sift in the flour, baking power, salt and sugar and give it a good mix.
3. In a separate bowl mix the milk, beaten egg, butter and vanilla extract together, and then add them to the dry mixture.
4. Using a teaspoon spoon the mixture into your tray, a few should do. This is the point I added the nutella.
5.Pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes until they are springy to touch.
6. Whilst they are cooking, you can pop some more caster sugar onto a plate ready to spinkle, or heat up to chocolate to dip. When the doughnuts come out the oven spring them out the tray and cover them in the sugar! and then eat!
Let me know if you try anything interesting out with them, I think they would be perfect for a chocolate fondue!